- Liquid He and nitrogen facilities, Superconducting magnets, low temperature cryostats,He refrigerants.
- X-ray diffractometer, X-ray generators, precession and Lang cameras.
- Laser Raman spectrometer, photon correlator, Ar-ion, Kr-ion, He-Ne, Nd-YAG lasers. Fourier transform photoluminescence spectrometer.
- Differential scanning calorimeter and thermal expansion apparatus.
- Clean room for semiconductor processing, DLTS, diffusion, oxidation, photolithography e-beam evaporation facilities.
- High pressure facility (Diamond anvil cell for Raman studies upto 50 GPa).
- Crystal growth apparatus, dielectric bridge and liquid phase epitaxy, optical microscopy.
- EPR & pulsed NQR spectrometers.
- Variable temperature scanning probe microscopy.
- High precision electrical noise measurement set-up.
- Computers, workstations and PC's.
- Mechanical and glass blowing workshop.
- RF/DC Magnetron Sputtering
DST-FIST Supported Facilities:
I-STEM is a national portal that is the gateway for researchers to locate the specific facility(ies) they need for their R&D work and identify the one that is either located closest to them or available the soonest. Here in the Department of Physics, the following DST-FIST supported facilities are listed under I-STEM. Refer to the links provided for further information and bookings.
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometer
- Confocal Photoluminescence Raman Spectro Microscope (ISTEM/IISc/Phy/PL-Raman)
- Probe Station (ISTEM/IISc/Phy/Probe Station)